How do I apply for a new MRI or PET-MRI imaging study on the GE SIGNA PETMR scanner?
- If assistance is required in filling this form or with your ethics application, please contact UBC PET/MRI manager.
- The Health Canada guidance document and application form for Authorization of Positron-emitting Radiopharmaceuticals for Use in Basic Clinical Research Studies can be found here
- Please note that for studies with more than 30 subjects additional justification is required during the submission process. Health Canada may request a full CTA application for studies with more than 30 subjects if the justification is deemed insufficient/inappropriate.
Apply for UBC Ethics and health Canada approval. It is recommended that you include the text for the into your ethics application and consent forms.
What happens Next?
- Once your study has been reviewed and approved by the PET Committee, the following documents must be submitted before the first scan can be scheduled.
- All the supporting documents mentioned in the PET-MRI New Study Planning
- Signed Rate Agreement
- Proof of completion of the UBC MRI Safety and Radiation Safety Course for all study staff who will be present during scanning
- Confirmation that the Principal Investigator of the proposed study is responsible for understanding and enforcing the Responsibilities of Principal Investigators
- Once we have received these documents and the study is approved, the study may begin.