How do I apply for a new PET imaging study on the HRRT scanner?
Contact UBC PET/MRI facility manager to discuss the feasibility of conducting your study, study protocols and tracers available to you.
Download the Application for use of Human PET Imaging Resources at UBC form in DOCX Format HumanStudyApplicationForm or PDF Format HumanStudyApplicationForm . Submit a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- If assistance is required in filling this form or with the PET component of your ethics application, please contact UBC PET/MRI facility manager.
- You must carefully read Responsibilities of Principal Investigators. The Principal Investigator of the proposed study is responsible for understanding and enforcing these requirements and must indicate this understanding on the “Application for use of Human PET Imaging Resources at UBC” form.
Apply for UBC Ethics and health Canada approval. It is recommended that you include the text for the PET specific volunteer selection criteria into your ethics application and consent forms.
What happens Next?
- Once your study has been reviewed and approved by the PET Committee the following paperwork must be submitted before the first scan can be scheduled.
- Approval from the UBC Clinical Research Board (CREB). Please submit:
- Approval from Health Canada.
- Please submit both the application and the No Objection Letter (NOL) received from Health Canada.
- The guidance document and application form for Authorization of Positron-emitting Radiopharmaceuticals for Use in Basic Clinical Research Studies can be found here.
- Please note that for studies with more than 30 subjects additional justification is required during the submission process. Health Canada may request a full CTA application for studies with more than 30 subjects if the justification is deemed insufficient/inappropriate.
- Proof of completion of the UBC Radiation Safety Course for all study staff who will be present during scanning. this step can be done within 3 months of beginning your study.
- Please submit the course certificate.
- Signed Rate Agreement.
- Once we have received these documents and the study is approved, the study may begin.